MediaFace is an award-winning content marketing company and has been named one of the fastest growing Canadian companies by Growth 500. We show how brands create value for the world through storytelling, social channels and technology.
We’re hiring immediately for a part-time content editor and post-production lead who is highly organized, detail oriented and results-driven. You are creative with a keen understanding of visual storytelling. You also bring hands-on experience to the role, strong project management skills and a positive attitude. Please tell us how in your cover letter.
If you have 80 per cent of these qualifications, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities and duties
- • Edit content for explainer, testimonial, social and educational videos
- • Create motion graphics elements
- • Work closely with producers and designers on collaborative projects
- • Polish editing, sound design and colour correction for (non-broadcast) video and audio
- • Export completed projects in a variety of formats, knowledge of file formats and codecs
- • Ensure projects and tasks are completed on time and on budget
- • Archive footage, maintain databases and ensure all content is backed up appropriately and easily accessible
- • Additional duties as assigned
- • Able to determine what needs to get done and know how you need to do it
- • Understanding the importance of file taxonomy and naming conventions
- • Possess excellent prioritization and organizational skills with an ability to assess and balance conflicting demands and timelines
- • Proactive and positive attitude with a solutions mindset
- • Comfortable walking on a bridge before it’s built and can easily adapt to situations as they unfold
- • Able to create and communicate a bold direction that inspires results
- • Act in the best interest of our clients and MediaFace
Candidate must have:
- • Proven track record in video editing with a strong corporate portfolio
- • Intermediate or higher knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; editing with Premiere Pro, motion graphics in After Effects
- • Audio editing and sound design experience. Knowledge of Audition is an advantage
- • Creative studio work experience is a must
- • Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign is an asset
- • 2D animation experience is a bonus
- • French language is an asset
- • Valid G driver’s license is preferable
Our preferred candidate is motivated, takes pride in ownership and is versatile.
You must be legally able to work in Canada
Three to five years experience in post-production
What We Offer
We offer work that is enjoyable, challenging, and important. This is a part-time role with the possibility of turning into a full-time position. The hours are flexible and revolve around project deliverables (approximately 10 days per month).
This job is located in Toronto’s Studio District (Leslieville area).
How to Apply
Please include a resume, cover letter, and corporate demo reel in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no recruiters or agencies.
Our business was founded on content creation and our staff hails from the story-first professions of TV news, radio, film and publishing.
At MediaFace, we value adaptability, synergy, and trust. At our core, we are a passionate community of professionals who crave meaningful work and strive to support each other.
We are constantly searching for people who share our core values and build positive and long-lasting relationships.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.